101 Things in 1001 Days (Redux)
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
The Original Idea: 101 Things in 1001 Days
Start Date: July 2015
Finish Date: April 8, 2018
- Blog about every completed task on the list (1/101)
- Vlog about at least a quarter of the below goals (0/25).
- Create a new list before April 8, 2018.
- Replace ten things at the half-way point with new ideas (0/10).
.HEALTH & FITNESS
- Eat fresh & homemade every day for 2 weeks – no eating out! (0/14)
- Start an exercise regimen that’s at least 3 hours a week for 8 weeks. (0/8)
- Get into the habit of taking a multivitamin once a day for 2 weeks (0/14)
- Participate in an athletic event for charity.
- Participate in at least 20 outdoor activities (Hiking, surfing, skiing etc.) (0/20)
- Join a “sports” team – bocce ball, polo, croquet etc.
- Develop and maintain a skincare regimen for 2 weeks (0/2)
- Participate in a weekly yoga class for 8 weeks (0/8)
- Establish a vegetable garden with more than five varieties of vegetables (0/5)
- Start an herb garden for somebody else.
- Take at least three different classes of anything (0/3).
- Perfect an old trade (0/1).
- Build something from scratch.
- Knit or crochet a blanket.
- Build a compost bin (or have one built for me).
- Rig up a rain barrel to collect water for my plants.
- Start a succulent container garden.
- Reupholster something.
- Build and establish a living wall.
- Lure a hummingbird moth to the garden!
.WINE & BEER
- Take a class on wine/beer appreciation. (0/1)
- Brew (or assist in brewing) homemade alcohol.
- Develop a staple of favored wine varieties, totaling at least 7 bottles (0/7).
- Master the making of one cocktail that involves 3 or more ingredients.
- Go wine tasting in Napa/Sonoma.
- Build, buy or refurbish a beer/wine rack.
.FOOD & COOKING
- Take a cooking class.
- Master & memorize the making three delicious main dishes.
- Prepare 10 family recipes (0/10)
- Prepare a meal from at least 2 ingredients grown in the garden.
- Make reservations at 10 restaurants you’ve never been to & always wanted to try (0/10)
- Go berry picking!
- Make two kinds of jam from freshly picked fruit (0/2)
- Sleep under the stars.
- Go skinny dipping – in fresh water.
- Row a boat in a lake.
- Don’t buy plastic for 14 days (0/14)
- Make a time capsule for every year and bury them (0/2).
- Build my first snowman.
- Kiss in the rain.
- Go on a picnic.
- Star as an extra in a movie.
- Attend Comic con
- Have my palm read.
- Throw a themed party
- Agree to do 5 things that are currently unthinkable (0/5).
- Watch fireflies. catch one.
- Get a small tattoo.
- Get a large tattoo.
- Attend a summer fair.
- Go camping!
- Inner tube down a river!
- Leave the city and watch a celestial event.
- Develop a goal to set the tone for each month for a year (0/12).
.READING & WRITING
- Participate in NaNoWriMo.
- Get something published.
- Write a short story once a month for 3 months (0/3)
- Read at least 24 books a year.
- Leave the state to volunteer for a giant book/reading/writing/literacy event.
- Take a writing workshop.
- Go to a reading of one of your favorite authors.
- Write a zine.
- Attend Litquake at least once! (0/1)
.ON GROWING UP
- Find a job (part time, volunteer or otherwise) that brings you closer to words.
- Develop a fully workable, livable spare bedroom/office.
- Get a dog.
- Join and be apart of a dog community.
- Go on a trip – just you and your pup. Must be longer than 48 hrs.
- Start a retirement fund.
- Celebrate your 30th birthday with happiness.
.TRAVEL & LANGUAGE
- Leave the country. Twice! (0/2)
- Study through Level 3 with Pimsleur German (0/3).
- Go on a real road trip.
- Attend New Mexico’s hot air balloon festival in October.
- Visit 2 states in the south for more than 24 hours.
- Spend more than 24 hours in any 3 other states (except Hawaii) (0/3).
- Travel somewhere by train.
- Join a German-speaking community & meet up three times (0/3).
- Write a letter to your pen pal in German.
.FRIENDS, FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS
- Throw at least 3 fancy dinner parties.
- Reconnect with a friend from the past with at least 3 exchanges.
- Send Christmas presents to immediate family – & birthday gifts too!
- Send birthday cards to at least ten different people (0/10).
- Have family visit – and host them!
- Frequent a bar enough time to be recognized by the bartender!
- Regular board game nights! Once a season should suffice (0/4).
- Make at least 3 new & close friends (0/3).
- Become a regular part of a local organization by volunteering at least once a month for a year (0/12).
- Volunteer at five non-profit events unrelated to the above (0/5).
- Do something just for the money.
- Donate said money to charity.
- Leave the state to volunteer for a satellite event for non profit of choice.
- Organize and throw your own non profit event.
- Start a monthly gettogether for likeminded folk in the Bay Area.
- Make a neighborhood friend. Prove it and hang out three times. (0/3).